Website Terms, Privacy & Copyright
Updated November 8th, 2012
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on AppleVideoReviews.com’s web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on AppleVideoReviews.com’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by AppleVideoReviews.com at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product reviews are their own and not necessarily those of AppleVideoReviews.com. These reviews should not be taken as recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. AppleVideoReviews.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any materials listed or linked to on this website. AppleVideoReviews.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use of such information.
ALL VIDEOS ARE PROVIDED AND HOSTED ON THIRD PARTY SERVERS AND THE PROPERTY OF THEIR RESPECTFUL OWNERS.
In no event shall AppleVideoReviews.com or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on AppleVideoReviews.com’s Internet site, even if AppleVideoReviews.com or a AppleVideoReviews.com authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on AppleVideoReviews.com’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. AppleVideoReviews.com does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. AppleVideoReviews.com may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. AppleVideoReviews.com does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
AppleVideoReviews.com has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by AppleVideoReviews.com of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to AppleVideoReviews.com’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of North Carolina without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
Copyright and Intellectual Property Policy
AppleVideoReviews.com has adopted the following general policy toward copyright and intellectual property infringement in accordance with general U.S. intellectual property laws and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (http://lcweb.loc.gov/copyright/legislation/dmca.pdf). AppleVideoReviews.com will respond to notices of this form from jurisdictions other than the U.S. as well. The address of AppleVideoReviews.com’s Designated Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement (“Designated Agent”) is listed at the end of this policy.
AppleVideoReviews.com may act expeditiously to respond to a proper notice by (1) removing or disabling access to material claimed to be subject of infringing activity; and (2) removing and discontinuing service to repeat offenders. If AppleVideoReviews.com removes or disables access in response to such a notice, AppleVideoReviews.com will make a good-faith attempt to contact the allegedly infringing party (“Member”) so that they may make a counter notification.
A. Procedure for Reporting Copyright or Intellectual Property Infringements:
If you materially misrepresent that a product or activity is infringing your intellectual property, you may be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees). Therefore, if you are not sure whether the material infringes upon your intellectual property, please contact an attorney before contacting AppleVideoReviews.com.
If you believe that material residing on or accessible through the AppleVideoReviews.com web site or service infringes a copyright or other intellectual property right, to provide AppleVideoReviews.com of notice of such infringement, you must send a written notice of the infringement to the Designated Agent listed below. Please specify the type of infringement at issue and the notice must include the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or intellectual property right that has been allegedly infringed upon (by fax or regular mail – not by email, except by prior agreement);
- Identification in sufficient detail of the material being infringed upon (for an allegation of a patent infringement, please provide a patent number);
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing upon the intellectual property. Include information regarding the location of the infringing material with sufficient detail so that AppleVideoReviews.com is capable of finding and verifying its existence (for listings, please provide item numbers);
- Contact information about the notifier including the name of the intellectual property owner, the name and title of the person contacting AppleVideoReviews.com on the owner’s behalf, the address, telephone number and, if available, e-mail address;
- A statement that the notifier has a good faith belief that the material is not authorized by the intellectual property or copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement made under penalty of perjury that the information provided is accurate and the notifying party is authorized to make the complaint on behalf of the intellectual property or copyright owner.
When removing material from the site, AppleVideoReviews.com will make reasonable attempts to inform the Member of the removal, the reason for the removal, and may provide the Member with a copy of the notice and the notifying party’s contact information.
B. Removal of Allegedly Infringing Material
Once Proper Bona Fide Infringement Notification is received by the Designated Agent, AppleVideoReviews.com may remove or disable access to the material infringing upon the intellectual property. If AppleVideoReviews.com removes or disables access to content in response to an infringement notice, AppleVideoReviews.com will make reasonable attempts to notify the Member that AppleVideoReviews.com has removed or disabled access to the material. Repeat offenders will have all material removed from the system and AppleVideoReviews.com will terminate such Members’ access to the service.
C. Procedure to Supply a Copyright Counter-Notice to the Designated Agent:
If you materially misrepresent that a product or activity is not infringing upon the intellectual property, you may be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees). Therefore, if you are not sure whether or not the material infringes on the intellectual property, please contact an attorney before contacting AppleVideoReviews.com.
If a Member believes that their material that was removed or to which access was disabled is not infringing upon a copyright, you must send a counter-notice, pursuant to 512(g)(2) and (3) of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Please do not re-list or reactivate the material yourself. The counter-notice must contain the following information to the Designated Agent listed below.
- Your physical or electronic signature (by fax or regular mail – not by email, except by prior agreement);
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material;
- Your name, address, telephone number, and, if available, e-mail address and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal Court for the judicial district in which the Member’s address is located, or if your address is located outside the United States, for any judicial district in which AppleVideoReviews.com is located, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification under subsection (c)(1)(C) or an agent of such person.
If a counter-notice is received by the Designated Agent, AppleVideoReviews.com may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that AppleVideoReviews.com may replace the removed material or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright or intellectual property owner files an action seeking a court order against the Member, the removed material may be replaced or access to it restored in 10 to 14 business days after receipt of the counter-notice, at AppleVideoReviews.com’s discretion.
Please contact AppleVideoReviews.com’s Designated Agent to submit Notifications of Claimed Infringement and Copyright Counter-Notices at the following address:
Designated Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement:
Attn: Legal Department